Last updated: May 15, 2020
Miley Motor Sports has petitioned the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) in Harrisburg to hold practice at Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway during Governor Wolfs “Yellow” phase.
Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway “Yellow” restrictions include the following:
- No spectators will be permitted for the restrictive “Yellow Opening”. The fan entrance will be locked down.
- The cars/teams competing will be limited so that everyone can pit/park a minimum of 10 feet apart. PPMS is a huge facility that can easily implement social distancing. Google Earth at https://earth.app.goo.gl/JNC3gs
- Each race team will be required to provide a signed social distancing agreement listing all contact information for their team, to facilitate tracing. Forms will be provided to the teams in advance of the event.
- Entrants will have a specified time to arrive after which the Pit road gate will be locked. Pit tickets will be sold from 1pm until 3pm. No other pit passes will be sold, and no non-essential personnel will be permitted into the facility.
- Everyone, employees and competitor teams must have their temperature checked.
- Everyone will be required to wear a protective face covering. Social distancing will be enforced. The Miley Motor Sports team will prepare the facility with signage and personally oversee the enforcement.
- Race teams are encourage to print out waiver and fill it out in advance. Each race team must have all team members on the same waiver sheet.
The PPMS “restrictive” plan is similar to what many businesses across the state have done. By implementing these procedures, our social distancing and personal protective measures will be equal to or in most cases better than those of the golf courses and campgrounds that were opened statewide on May 1, 2020.
While conducting practice without spectators is not a viable plan long term, we are anxious as a community and as an industry to begin the process of returning to the new “normal”.
When Allegheny County goes “Green” Miley Motor Sports intends to use everything we learn under the Yellow Stage to petition the Governors Office to allow fans to attend racing events.
Race Teams, please fill out this COVID-19 form prior to arrival at the pit ticket booth.
PLEASE FILL OUT COMPLETELY , PLEASE PRINT SO WE CAN READ FORMS. YOUR COOPERATION IS APPRECIATED.