PPMS release of first draft of 2019 rules for PRO STOCKS, HOBBY STOCKS & 4 cylinders.
Miley Motor Sports would like to thank all the teams that took the time to give us your input. Please help us PROOFREAD THE RULES. Any errors please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once all errors have been found we will put the rules in printable Adobe PDF format at www.ppms.com. Racers giving realistic input energizes the Miley Motor Sports team as we look forward to SEASON 31!
All changes implemented by Miley Motor Sports came from racer feedback. Miley Motor Sports has successfully been through this process before, attempting to make various combinations competitive. Lynn Geisler came up with 1425s on Specs and 55s on opens, which let Ben, Lynn, and Steve finish their PPMS careers with competitive SPEC MOTOR Cars. We are hoping it lets 604 Crates be competitive with opens in the Pro Stock Division, giving racers another option. We won’t be afraid to take the heat and tweak things to maintain a competitive balance as we did in the former Limited Late Model Division, and with the SPEC MOTOR in the SLMs. Please be patient and give this a chance to play out. Everyone can win in the long run, FANS, RACERS, & Miley Motor Sports.
We are looking forward to a great 2019 season at Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway. We hope you will join the FUN. Miley Motor Sports has always looked at racing as our GOLF, OUR FUN, racing is expensive, but allows us to keep the competitive juices flowing.
The Miley Motor Sports Team
Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway (PPMS) PRO STOCK RULES
RULES MAY BE ADJUSTED IN SEASON IN AN EFFORT TO MAINTAIN A COMPETITIVE BALANCE BETWEEN CRATE AND OPEN CI MOTORS.
COMPETING MODELS: Open to any American made passenger car, no torsion bar cars, no convertibles, no station wagons, trucks or vans, no front wheel drive or 4-WD’s, sports cars or compact cars. Vehicles not covered under these exclusions do not mean they are pro stock material. Consult technical inspector as to the legality of the vehicle before building. Some models may not be included in the above exclusions.
All cars are required to have a transponder mounted on the right rear frame rail of the chassis 12” behind the rear axle tube. Raceceivers on the default channel are required. Cars without a working transponder and Raceceiver will not be scored.
- All cars are subject to inspection at any time and must be free from mechanical defects and be in safe racing condition.
2. ROLL CAGE: Must be minimum 1-1/2” outside diameter and 0.095” minimum wall thickness, no soft metals (aluminum, etc.) allowed. The recommended six-point cage must surround the driver w/ uprights mounted on the right and left sides of the frame behind the driver, one on each side. There are several allowable variations to this basic design, which are subject to the discretion of the technical inspector. Inspector’s decision is final. The four bars joining the four uprights in a horizontal plane above the driver’s head must be at least two inches above the helmet height of the driver when strapped in the car. The front down tubes must be no further than 21-1/2” back of the front body mount and must extend to the front of the top roll cage. There must be at least three horizontal bars on both sides of the car connecting the uprights on the driver’s side of the car in the door cavity and at least one bar must be extended to the outer door skin for added driver protection. These bars must have at least one set of vertical supports between the uprights. The right and left uprights in front of the driver must be connected with at least one horizontal bar at dash height. Additional diagonal support bar on left side of chassis from top front of cage down to side. These are minimum allowable bar requirements and of course more are preferred. All junctions of two or more tubes in the cage should be gusseted for additional strength with at least 1/8” plate steel gussets.
3. SEATS: All cars must be equipped with a safe racing aluminum seat, high back type recommended. Seat must be securely fastened (bolted) to the roll cage and/or frame in six spots, with a minimum of six (6) 3/8” bolts, four (4) on the bottom and two (2) on the seat back. A 5-point harness system. No safety belts over 2 years old.
4. WINDSHIELD SCREEN: Recommended – All cars have a full steel windshield screen of substantial material with a maximum opening on individual holes at 1”x1” (minimum 16 gauge material recommended) and reinforced by a minimum of three (3) steel bars connected to the roll cage on top and the dash support bar on the bottom. Side window net is also recommended.
5. FRONT AND REAR FIREWALLS: Minimum of 22 gauge sheet metal or .040 aluminum.
6. FIRE EXTINGUISHER: All crews are recommended to carry an operable fire extinguisher capable of extinguishing gas and oil fires.
7. BATTERY: Battery may be located in any position except inside the cockpit. A BATTERY MASTER SHUT OFF SWITCH MUST BE INSTALLED IN THE DRIVER’S COMPARTMENT AND MUST BE EASILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE SAFETY CREW AND DRIVER.
8. BRAKES: Operable and effective four-wheel hydraulic brakes mandatory at all times. 4 Wheel disc brakes will be allowed, right front shutoff allowed. No aluminum brake parts.
9. WHEELS: (NO BLEEDERS) Minimum five (5) oversized lug nuts STEEL only. Steel racing wheels and oversized studs and maximum rim width 10”. Bead lock rims permitted on all 4 corners. NO WIDE 5’s.
10. EXHAUST: No turn down exhaust. No portion of the exhaust to exit the body panels.
11. THROTTLE: Minimum of two (2) springs MANDATORY. All throttle linkages must be made of suitable rod or tubing, no all thread permitted. Throttle stops MANDATORY. Toe loop MANDATORY.
Crate Motored cars will be permitted an 8 inch rear spoiler and a 4” x 32” LF SPILLBOARD.
BODY: Stock steel bodies or aluminum after-market bodies allowed. Body width may not exceed 78” at top of doors or quarters and 86” at bottom of doors and quarters. The maximum roof size is 60” x 60” with a maximum 4” rake.
Rear spoiler 78” wide x 6 inches of measure material with no more than 3 supports (see illustration for support) and must be attached solid to the deck. The spoiler cannot be wider than the deck at the rear. All dimensions will be measured from the deck; tolerance for the hinge only. Maximum spoiler angle will be 90 deg to the deck. If a support is used on the rear of the spoiler it must be mounted below the top of the spoiler material a minimum of 1⁄2 inch to not count as spoiler material.
Rear Deck Height: Maximum 43” from the ground to the top of the deck.
Rear sail panels must be the same left and right, either both open or both closed. The sail panel must drop towards the deck at the back edge of the roof panel. Sail panel maximum length at the bottom is 45”. The sail panels cannot connect to the rear spoiler (see illustration). Sail panels and spoiler with supports to resemble this style. Sail panels cannot tie spoiler side supports.
All glass and plastic must be removed, no factory hard plastic noses. Noses must not exceed 92” in width anywhere including fender extensions. No extra fins, flares, flanges, ridges, beads, spoilers, turn-ins or turn-outs or anything else that can be construed as an aero advantage will be allowed.
CAR NUMBERS MUST BE 18” HIGH ON BOTH SIDES AND ROOF. ALL CARS MUST BE NEATLY LETTERED. THERE WILL BE NO DUPLICATE NUMBERS. FIRST CAR TO COMPETE AT PPMS IN A GIVEN SEASON WILL HAVE THAT NUMBER.
- FRAME: May use full stock frame or have stock front sub. Box tube may be used from stock sub to rear. After-market reproduction frames (example: Johnson reproduction) are allowed. No round tube chassis permitted. Minimum wheelbase of 105”. (If there is question contact the tech inspector, don’t assume it’s legal.)
2. STEERING: Conventional boxes only NO RACK and PINIONS. Quick release highly recommended. No rag joints in the steering column.
3. RADIATOR: Only one (1) per car. Must remain in front of the engine in stock location between frame rails.
4. ENGINE LOCATION: Engine set back: will be at its maximum and verified when the center of the number one spark plug hole, on all make engines (furthest cylinder forward) is in line with the center of the top ball joint.
5. TRANSMISSION: Any transmission allowed. Car must be able to move forward and reverse under its own power. If a cast iron case transmission is used on an aluminum or magnesium bell housing, it must either have a rear trans mount or tethered.
6. SCATTER SHIELD: Bell housing scatter shield or steel scatter proof bell housings for standard transmissions recommended. It is also recommended the Automatic transmissions have an explosion blanket.
7. DRIVE SHAFT: All cars must have a 180 degree loop 6 inches behind the front yoke in case of failure made from 1⁄4” x 1” steel. The drive shaft must be painted white. Must have 180 degree strap under rear of shaft.
8. REAR END: No quick change differentials, no limited slip or lockers, NO 3 links, torque links, pull bars, lift bars, birdcages, or panhard bars permitted of any sort. NO SPRING ROD OR BISCUIT TYPE TRAILING ARMS OF ANY SORT.
a. Rear Suspension: Must be double triangulated 4-link or leaf spring suspension. 4-link (upper links must run from the rear end (pumpkin part) housing inward to outward, lower links must run outward to inward.)
b. Trailing Arms: Trailing arm lengths must be between 10”-12 1⁄2” uppers and 17 1⁄2” to 23” lowers (measured from center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole).
9. AXLES: Conventional type or floater style axles permitted. All spindles, hub assemblies and axles STEEL ONLY. No wide 5 patterns permitted. Front…..no late model style spindles, must accept stock-style cast rotors.
10. FRONT END SUSPENSION: Upper and lower control arms, stock, tubular, or adjustable allowed. Weight jacks permitted. Stock sway bars permitted. All Stock mounting points for lower control arms. Spindles must be a cast or forged stock or factory reproduction spindle.
11. SPRINGS: Front springs must be in original location. Rear springs must mount on top of the rear end housing. All springs must be conventional steel springs only. No Coilovers of any kind including Coilover eliminators. Minimum diameter 4 1/2”.
12. SHOCKS: Steel or aluminum non-adjustable (No Schrader valves or Coilovers of any kind allowed). 1 Shock per wheel. Shocks can be mounted on front or back of rear end housing.
13. BUMPERS: Production type bumpers or tubular bumpers. Rear bumpers minimum height 18” from ground to bumper. Maximum tubing size of 2” round or 2×4 box tubing is permitted. Bumpers are mandatory. Bumpers will be up to the discretion of the tech inspector. Bumper ends must not pass outer edge of body and must not have any sharp edges or hook style ends.
14. FUEL TANK: FUEL CELL ONLY!! Fuel cell height 12” minimum from ground to bottom of tank. Fuel cell must be fully encased in a steel container with a minimum recommended thickness of 20 gauge. An optional aluminum container may be used with a minimum recommended thickness of .060”. Fuel cell must retain foam inside. Fuel lines must siphon from top only. Fuel tank vent line must have an in-line one-way valve for the prevention of fuel spillage. Fuel cells must meet FIA/SPEC/FT-3 Specification. Install the vent line so that the fuel does not siphon out. Any capacity fuel cell is allowed and must be square or rectangular in shape. The fuel pickup must come out the top.
All fuel lines and fittings must be leak proof. Two (2) skid rails must be installed under the fuel cell, running front to rear the entire width of the fuel cell with minimum 1/8” x 2” material. Cell must be securely strapped down by at least two 1/8” x 1” steel straps to existing supports by use of at least 5/16 grade 5 (3 line) bolts. Any fuel cell mounting deemed unsafe can be rejected by the technical inspector.
15. BALLAST WEIGHT: If ballast weight is needed to make weight, it must be securely bolted and painted white and carry the cars number on it. Use of two 1⁄2” grade 5 bolts or greater must be used to bolt on weight. No weight may be bolted or welded to the rearend housing. No exceptions.
GM 602 Crate & any car using 8” tires – 2800 lbs
GM 604 Crate – 2900 lbs
OPEN CI NON CRATE – 3000 lbs
Crate Motored Cars – Any compound HOOSIER LATE MODEL TYPE TIRES
OPEN CI – D55, LM40, or 1600 HOOSIERS REQUIRED ON ALL 4 WHEELS.
Maximum tread width 14” flat surface
Grooving and siping permitted
ENGINE RULES: Steel Block, Steel Heads
88958602 Crate Engine: This engine has a part number for each item sold; any item is subject to inspection. All part numbers and casting numbers must be visible for inspection. GM engine seal bolts must be in place or be sealed by a Crate Racin’ USA, RUSH or FASTRAK certified builder.
GM 604 is allowed but must meet all GM specifications and be factory sealed or sealed by a certified RUSH or Crate USA rebuilder.
- CAMSHAFT: Any make hydraulic, solid flat tappet or roller camshaft allowed.
B. INTAKE MANIFOLD: Any open plenum or dual plane intake permitted.
C. CARBURETOR: Carbureted engines only one four barrel.
D. IGNITION: No Mechanical or electrical adjustments from cockpit. No traction control devices. Must run a distributor. No LS style set up.
E. LUBRICATION SYSTEM: Wet sump systems only. OEM Oil Pump Systems (use of oil coolers will be permitted as long as they are mounted outside of the cock pit area).
F. WATER PUMP: Stock-type, belt driven.
G. FUEL PUMP: Stock mount pumps, no electric pumps.
H. FUEL: Gasoline and E85 ONLY! No additives. Subject to testing.
- TRACTION CONTROL: NO traction control of any kind, mechanical or electronic. PPMS Track Officials reserve the right to confiscate any part of the ignition system for further inspection. PPMS Track Officials also reserve the right to install a distributor or MSD 6 series box if traction control is suspected. If parts are confiscated, prize money and points will be held until results of inspection are known. All legal parts will be returned within 5 days. Violation of any of these rules will result in disqualification.
TECH INSPECTIONS: After every event each night all cars should go directly from the Speedway to the scales unless told otherwise by the RACE DIRECTOR or waved off by PPMS Track Officials. Please allow the feature winner to be first in line at the scales to keep the show moving. Any weight infractions will result in no points, no pay for the night.
NOTE: The preceding rules and regulations are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable standards and requirements for such events. By participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules and regulations. No expressed and/or implied warranty or safety assurance shall result from publication of, or compliance with, the preceding rules and regulations. They are intended as a guide and are in no way a guarantee to any participant, driver or official, against injury or death.
OFFICIALS’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL
Any of the preceding rules may be subject to revision if it is felt that the change would be in the best interest of safety or the Division. PPMS Track Officials have the right to make decisions
and to rule accordingly, in the interest of safety, without recourse from drivers and/or owners.
Officials will rule anything not covered in the preceding rules and regulations if, and when, it becomes necessary. PPMS OFFICIALS DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
All cars must have wrecker hookup. All cars should have fire extinguishers in reach of drivers, 5 lb. minimum. Window nets are recommended for all cars. No radios, mirrors communication equipment permitted, including pit boards.
All parts specified as OEM/stock manufactured must be standard option parts or equivalent aftermarket parts and must be readily available from car dealer or any auto parts store. Casting numbers must remain on all OEM/stock parts.
1. MODEL CARS
1970-1990 year passenger cars. No type of truck, station wagon, front-wheel or 4-wheel drive. No sports cars, police cars, convertibles, t-tops or open sunroofs.
Motor violations may result in fine and/or suspension.
All motor parts must be OEM stock with no modifications and must match manufacturer of frame and body. 1 spark plug and 2 valves per cylinder. Motor must be in stock position. No fuel injection, turbo chargers or blowers. No dry sump systems on any car.
- HEADERS MAX 1 5/8 DIAMETER PERMITTED
- ROLLER ROCKER ARMS PERMITTED, RATIO – 1.5 ONLY
- AFTERMARKET HYDRAULIC CAM OK, NO ROLLER CAMS
- MANIFOLD VACUUM MAY NOT BE LESS THAN 15 IN. HG.
265, 283, 302, 305, 307 and 318, 350 ci only. OEM cast iron block, heads and 2 barrel intake. All motor parts must be OEM stock manufactured—no aftermarket or high performance blocks, heads or intakes (Bowtie, W2, GT40, SVO, Performance, etc.). No Vortec, angle plug or double hump heads. No porting, polishing, grinding, welding or acid etching on heads or manifold. Stock flat top or inverted pistons with zero deck clearance. Stock steel crankshaft with stock stroke. Stock steel connecting rods.
Aftermarket stock appearing nosepiece and bumper cap permitted, but cannot be wider than fenders and must be mounted cleanly in stock position. All other body panels must be stock manufactured and stock appearing at all points. All body repairs must have stock dimensions and contour. Stock appearing bumpers in stock location and should have smooth edges. All glass, chrome, and flammable materials should be removed. Airbags should be removed. Mirrors must be removed. Dashboard may remain intact. Doors should be welded or bolted closed. Trunk lid must remain on car. No cutting of exterior body panels except for wheel area for tire clearance and hood. Body may be hulled. All holes in firewall should be covered with metal. Full metal roof. Sunroof opening may be sealed with sheet metal.
No spoilers, ridges or wings of any kind.
Maximum 8” tire tread width. Hard compound Hoosier only E-mod type or Hoosier 36-105H500 tires permitted. Stock tires only with maximum 235/75/15 DOT number. No winter treads or slicks,or other racing tires.
Maximum 15” diameter x 8” wide steel wheels only. Racing wheels—OK. Beadlocks OK. All wheels should be reinforced with washers and 1” or double lug nuts. All wheels must have the same offset.
OEM stock 2 barrel carburetor only with no modifications. No dual line or predator carburetors. No carburetor spacers.
Gasoline only. No alcohol, nitrous oxide, nitro-methane, propylene oxide or additives. Fuel lines should not pass through driver’s compartment. Fuel pump should be any mechanical type.
Distributor must be stock for make and model.
108” minimum wheelbase. Complete stock production frame required to center of rear axle. Frame rails may not be modified. Cross member may be modified for clearance only. Tubing frame replacement permitted behind center of rear axle. All frame tubing and connectors should be constructed of minimum 2” wide x 3” high rectangular steel tubing, with .095” minimum material thickness behind rear axle. All other chassis tubing should be 1 ½” to 1 ¾” outside diameter and minimum .083” thickness. No holes may be cut in frame.
Car should have horizontal safety bar constructed from same steel tubing as frame, mounted behind fuel cell and securely welded to frame. Rear bumper should be at least 4” behind fuel cell. Center of rear bumper and safety bar should be at rear deck center height, approximately 19” from the ground and should be at least as wide as frame. Tubing should also extend downward to form a horizontal bar at the bottom height of the fuel cell, with additional vertical and diagonal tubing bracing the lower tubing to the rear bumper and the safety bar. Lower tubing should be at least as wide as fuel cell. No part of the fuel cell should be below the protective tubing.
ALL CARS—All suspension components must be in stock with no modifications and in stock location. Car must be level from side to side. No heavy duty or racing suspension parts. No air shocks. One shock on each wheel. No weight jacks. Springs cannot be clamped or chained. Springs must have stock appearing diameter and height or Racing coil springs permitted. No lowering or lifting blocks. No adjustable suspension parts. Leaf springs must have the same number of leafs on both sides. Right front wheel may be cambered.
- AFTERMARKET STOCK DIMENSION MAGNETIC STEEL TUBULAR UPPER A-ARMS & REAR TRAILING ARMS PERMITTED
- SPRING RUBBERS PERMITTED
- No ADJUSTABLE TRAILING ARMS
- NO ADJUSTABLE SPRING BUCKET PERCHES
All cars must have 4 wheel braking system. Calipers and rotors must be OEM steel. No drilling or lightening of brake components. No driver-adjustable brake systems.
13. REAR AXLE
Stock production rear end for make and model or 9”rear end permitted. Rear end must be locked. No maximum gear ratio. Heavy duty aftermarket axles are highly recommended.
14. TRANSMISSION & CLUTCH
Transmission must be OEM stock automatic and must have working OEM torque converter. NO POWERGLIDE TRANSMISSIONS, AUTOMATICS ONLY. No quick change or racing transmissions. Transmission should have explosion-proof bell housing or 360 degree ½” steel scatter shield securely mounted to car. No in and out boxes. Transmission should be bolted to the motor and must have working reverse gear. Only one drive shaft permitted. All drive shafts should be painted white and should be surrounded by two 3” steel safety loops or sling mounted to frame.
15. TRACTION CONTROL
All traction control devices using wheel sensors are NOT permitted. Adjustable ping control devices, dial a chip controls, timing controls or automated throttle controls are NOT allowed in the cockpit or any other location accessible by driver. Any remote control components or data acquisition equipment are NOT permitted.
Headers ARE permitted. Exhaust pipes may NOT point towards ground.
17. STARTER AND BATTERY
All cars must be self starting. Battery must be in stock position or should be located in a safe area and covered with a metal fireproof box. Battery should not be in driver compartment. Battery disconnect kill switch to shut down motor and fuel pump highly recommended mounted in reach of driver and should be clearly labeled for safety crew. Car must have working generator and alternator.
18. ROLL CAGE
4 post, box-type roll cage should be constructed with 1 ½” minimum outside diameter and .095 minimum steel tubing material thickness. Should have at least 3 horizontal bars at driver’s side door and 2 horizontal bars at passenger side door, extended outward into door panels. 2 vertical bars between each horizontal bar as additional support are recommended. Roll cage should extend forward on driver’s side to protect foot area completely. Roll cage should be securely welded to subframe and unibody in at least 4 places and welded together 360 degrees at all intersecting points. 6-point roll cage is highly recommended with diagonal bars bracing roll cage at rear, and should run from frame to top of roll cage. Top of roll cage should be at least 2” above top of driver’s helmet. Head rest recommended. Front windshield opening should have bars or wire mesh and driver’s side window should have quick-release net. All roll cage bars within reach of driver should be covered with non-flammable foam padding. Other than padding, roll cage must remain exposed with no aerodynamic effects.
STEEL DRIVERS SIDE PROTECTION PLATE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
19. GAS TANK/FUEL CELL
22 gallon maximum, racing-approved fuel cell should be mounted in square tubing frame securely mounted to car frame and in the trunk area. Fuel cell should be mounted inside a 20 gauge steel or .060” aluminum metal box and secured to frame with a minimum of two 2” x 1/8” thick steel straps around entire fuel cell. Minimum 7/16” bolts should be used to mount the fuel cell. Trunk interior may be cut for fuel cell mounting. Fuel cell should have 12” minimum ground clearance. No part of the fuel cell should be lower than the rear end housing. The fuel pick up should be on the top or right side of the fuel cell, be constructed of steel and should have a check valve in case of roll over.
20. FIREWALLS AND INTERIOR
A full metal firewall constructed from 18 guage steel or 1/8” thick aluminum should be joined to seal off driver compartment at front, rear, sides and floorboard. Full metal floorboard. Top of interior to top of doors should be 3” maximum. Interior should be mounted flush with outside body panels. 12” minimum interior clearance below roll cage at all points for easy exit. Onboard fire suppression system recommended.
21. SEAT AND SAFETY BELT
Metal racing-approved seat with padded headrest should be securely attached to frame. 3”, 5, 6 or 7-point, quick release racing belt with double harness should be bolted to frame or roll bars. Mounts should run in the same direction to secure the belt. Belt should not come in contact with sharp edges. Safety belts should be replaced if two years old, and all worn or damaged safety belts should be replaced. Quick-release, racing-type steering should be used.
22. FIRE SUIT AND HELMET
Drivers should have flame retardant firesuit and racing approved full-face helmet with face shield. Nomex shoes, socks, gloves, and hood highly recommended. Head and neck restraint system and arm restraints recommended.
UP TO 305 CI 3,200 pound minimum weight after any race.
350 CI 3,400 pound minimum weight after any race.
All weights should be solid material, entirely painted white or a bright color and marked with car number. Each weight should be 50 pound maximum. Weights should be bolted to frame with two ½” Grade 5 bolts on two weight clamps or secured with steel plate. No weights should be attached to rear bumper or in driver’s area. Weights should not be lead pellets or liquid. Each weight should be bolted to the frame individually and should not be stacked on another weight.
RULEBOOK DISCLAIMER: The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and, by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official. The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviations from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
PPMS 4 CYLINDER RULES – DRAFT 1 11/11/18
- Only three (3) or four (4) cylinder in-line engines will be permitted.
- All engine components must remain unaltered and OEM for the year, make and model of the car being used in competition.
- All valve-train components must remain unaltered and OEM including but not limited to;
crankshaft, connecting rods, valves, valve sizes and the bore and stroke.
D. Aftermarket and/or racing-type cylinder heads will not be permitted.
E. High performance and/or sports car engines of any type will not be permitted.
F. Turbo charged and/or super charged and/or rotary engines and/or engines utilizing a variable
cam-timing system will not be permitted.
2. – Electronics and Ignition System
A. All ignition components must be unaltered, OEM and match the year, make and model of the car
in competition. Only 12-volt ignition systems will be permitted.
B. Ignition boxes and/or performance chips and/or any ignition enhancing devices will not be
C. Traction control of any-type will not be permitted.
D. Only one twelve (12) volt battery, securely mounted with both terminals covered will be permitted. If battery is moved from OEM location, the battery must be mounted in a Marine-type case.
E. Only stock OEM starters in the OEM location will be permitted.
F. Only one aftermarket tachometer, oil pressure and water temperature gauge(s) will be permitted. G. The vehicle computer (ECU) must be mounted in a visible location providing ease of inspection. H. In-car cameras, recording devices and/or data transmitting devices of any-type will not be
3. – Exhaust System
A. Header is permitted. Exhaust pipes may not point toward the ground.
B. Removal of the catalytic converter, air conditioning compressor and smog pump will be
4. – Engine Compartment
A. The engine and radiator must be OEM and mounted in the stock OEM location for the year,
make and model of the car in competition.
B. Solid engine mounts and/or safety chains will be permitted.
C. Accumulators and/or Accusumps will not be permitted.
D. Reinforcing will not be permitted with the exception of the front strut bar.
5. – Transmission & Driveline
A. The transmission and/or transaxle must remain OEM and unaltered for the year, make and
model of the car in competition.
B. All forward and reverse gears must be operational.
C. The flywheel, flexplate, clutch and/or torque converter and/or assembly must remain unaltered
and OEM of the year, make and model of the car in competition.
D. Mini-type clutches and/or couplers will not be permitted.
E. Transmission coolers in the driver compartment will not be permitted.
F. Torque dividing final drive systems will not be permitted.
G. Locked differentials of any type will not be permitted.
H. A minimum one (1) inch inspection hole must be located in the bell housing.
6. – Chassis/Frame
A. All chassis and frames must remain unaltered and OEM. Any front wheel drive, compact car
frame will be permitted.
B. A maximum wheelbase of 107-inches will be permitted.
C. The magnetic steel floor pan must remain unaltered and OEM. Any work that is done in the form
of patches must be completed with magnetic steel.
7. – Weight
A. Additional weight of any type will not be permitted. Any item(s) that are deemed to provide
additional weight must be removed.
8. – Fuel Cells and Fuel
A. The fuel system must be complete, unaltered and OEM for the year, make and model of the car
B. Only standard pump gasoline will be permitted for competition. A maximum of 93 octane.
Performance additives will not be permitted.
C. Must have a fuel cell, 8 gallon maximum.
D. The fuel cell must be mounted behind the rear axle. The cell must be mounted with two (2) solid magnetic steel straps around the entire cell two (2) inches wide and .125-inch thick. A magnetic steel or fuel cell cover must be between the driver and the fuel cell.
E. A fuel cell vent, including cap vent, must have a check valve. If the fuel cell does not have an aircraft-type positive seal filler neck, then a flapper, spring and/or ball type filler roll-over valve is mandatory.
F. External electric fuel pump wired to the ignition switch with aftermarket fuel cell will be permitted.
G. Cool cans will not be permitted.
H. Fuel lines that pass through the driver compartment must be magnetic steel.
9. – Body
A. Any front wheel drive, compact car will be permitted for competition. Station wagons, and/or
convertibles and/or two seat sports cars will not be permitted.
B. The body must remain unaltered and OEM in appearance.
C. The inner fenders must remain unaltered and OEM. Removing of the inner fenders will not be
D. The hood and trunk lid / hatchback must be positively and securely fastened.
E. All doors must be positively and securely fastened.
F. All glass, exterior lights, chrome and/or plastic trim and hood insulation must be removed.
G. The dashboard may be removed.
H. Front and rear bumpers must be positively and securely fastened. Welded, chained and/or cabled to the frame will be permitted.
- A front and rear tow hook easily accessible will be required. The OEM bumper covers must remain on the vehicle, but may be altered to allow for tow hook.
J. A maximum seven (7) inch sun visor will be permitted.
K. The opera windows may be closed and/or sealed
10. – Suspension
A. All components and mounts must remain unaltered and OEM and must match the year, make
and model of car in competition.
B. Weight jacks, modifications, racing components, aftermarket or homemade traction devices will
not be permitted.
C. The car must remain in alignment from front-to-rear and must track straight.
D. A maximum of 5 degrees of camber will be permitted on any wheel.
E. Center mounted steering will not be permitted.
F. A quick release, aftermarket steering wheel will be permitted. The steering column must remain
OEM and unaltered.
G. Aftermarket remote reservoir power steering will not be permitted.
H. All shocks and struts must remain unaltered and OEM in the OEM location.
I. Spring rubbers will be permitted.
11. – Brakes
A. All brake components must be unaltered, OEM, magnetic steel and operative on all four wheels. B. Disc and/or drum brakes will be permitted and they must match the year, make and model of the vehicle in competition.
C. Only OEM Master Cylinders in OEM location will be permitted.
D. Brake shut off and/or valve bias adjuster(s) will not be permitted.
E. Only magnetic steel brake lines will be permitted.
12. – Wheels and Tires
A. Only OEM DOT 13, 14, 15 or 16-inch passenger tires will be permitted. Racing, mud, and/or
snow tires will not be permitted.
B. Alterations of any type including re-caps, softening, chemical alteration, conditioning, siping
and/or grooving will not be permitted.
C. All wheels must be OEM steel or aluminum wheels OR racing wheels with a maximum width of seven (7) inches. BEADLOCK permitted on the right front.
D. All four (4) tires and wheels must be of the same series, size and offset.
E. All tires must remain inside of the body.
F. Wheel spacers and/or bleeder valves will not be permitted.
G. Wheel reinforcement is strongly recommended.
H. One (1) inch Outside Diameter magnetic steel lug nuts on steel wheels are required.
I. Only approved wheel discs will be permitted. Approved wheel discs are wheel discs that are
fastened to the wheel using a minimum of three (3), 1/4 or 5/16-inch diameter magnetic steel hex head bolts. The use of wheel discs with any other type of fastener will not be permitted.
J. Approved fastening (nut assembly) systems:
a. Keyser Manufacturing, part #100 7-101. b. Wehrs Man. Part # WM377A-312 Aluminum 5/16 / WM377S-312 Steel 5/16 c. Triple X Chassis Part # SC-WH-7810(1” spring) / SC-WH-7820(1 3/8” spring) d. Pit Stop USA Part #: e. Smith Precision Products Part # MC-516-18
13. – Personal Safety Equipment
A. It is the sole responsibility of each competitor for the effectiveness and proper installation, per the manufacturer’s specifications to be adequate for competition at every event. Each competitor is expected to investigate and educate themselves for continuing improvement regarding their own personal safety equipment.
14. – Other
- No sharp or protruding edges in or around the cockpit, which would impede the driver’s rapid exit from the car.
- Windshield screens with a minimum of .090-inch screens must be securely fastened
- An electrical engine shut off switch is required. The switch must be clearly labeled and within the reach of the driver.
- A fuel shut off valve is required. The valve must clearly labeled and within reach of the driver. E. Flame retardant seat, roll bar, knee and steering pads or padding are recommended
15. – Roll Cage
A. Unless otherwise noted all tubing utilized in the construction of the roll cage must be 1.50-inch
Outside Diameter, .095-inch thick magnetic steel tubing.
B. A six-point, full perimeter, using 1.50-inch Outside Diameter, .095-inch thick magnetic steel
tubing is required.
C. The rear hoop must have bracing that crosses in an ‘X’ configuration. Rear kicks up supports are required.
D. A minimum 1.25-inch outside diameter cross bar is required across the top of the halo bar.
E. The roll cage must be securely fastened (welding is required) utilizing a minimum of .250-inch
plating to mount cage to the frame. Only magnetic steel will be permitted. Iron, galvanized pipe, fittings, square tubing, brazing and/or soldering will not be permitted.
F. A minimum of three (3) door bars on the driver side and two (2) door bars on the passenger side,
mounted in a horizontal manner will be required. Vertical bracing from the top-to-the-bottom of the door bars on both sides is required.
G. A minimum of three (3) windshield bars and protective screen will be required in front of the
H. The driver compartment must be sealed completely from the track, the engine and the fuel cell.
The front and rear firewalls must remain and any holes must be patched with magnetic steel.
I. Mirrors will not be permitted.
Gutting of the car will not be permitted with the exception of clearance for the roll and door bars. All material considered flammable including but not limited to the radio, airbags must be removed. The interior must remain open.
16. – Other
A. The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) must remain clearly visible and unaltered in a minimum
of one (1) of the OEM locations. Any car missing the VIN will not be permitted to enter competition.